In times of grief, flowers are a way to honor the life of the deceased and express your sympathies to the family. Rosies and Posies Saratoga knows how difficult these times can be and promises to do everything in our power to help by providing tasteful funeral arrangements and sympathy flowers.
Choosing Funeral Flowers
Rosies and Posies Saratoga florist has been in the floristry industry for over 25 years. Over the years, we have built relationships with many funeral homes in the Saratoga area. When you order funeral flowers from us, you can rest assured that the flowers will be delivered on time and be ready for display.
It is traditional in many faiths and cultures to use flowers at the funeral. The flowers pay tribute to the deceased and also help uplift the spirits of the survivors. Flowers can also have a very calming effect and change the atmosphere of the funeral into one which celebrates the life of the deceased rather than one of pure mourning. Close family members will typically pick out a casket spray while friends and other family members will choose standing sprays or other tributes.
• Full Casket Sprays: These cover the entire casket and are used in closed-casket services.
• Half Casket Sprays: These cover half of casket and are used in open-casket services.
• Funeral Sprays: These sprays are displayed on easels around the casket or urn.
• Funeral Wreaths: The wreath symbolizes the circle of life. They are typically displayed on easels next to the casket or urn.
• Funeral Tributes: These are special flower creations which are meant to pay tribute to the deceased. They are often made into the shape of hearts, crosses, or pillows. However, Rosies and Posies Saratoga florist can also make funeral tributes in other shapes, such as cars or teddy bears.
• Funeral Flower Baskets: Most funeral homes prefer flowers to be delivered in baskets rather than vases because they can be placed around the casket. Rosies and Posies can craft tasteful funeral flower baskets using soft, calming colors or the flowers of your choice.
In event that the family asks for donations to be sent in lieu of flowers, you can still send flowers to the funeral. It won’t be considered inappropriate because the flowers are symbolic of your sympathies and feelings. However, in these situations, many people opt to send sympathy flowers to the residency instead. Note that, in Jewish funerals, flowers are not typically used so you may wish to ask the family or funeral home first.
Sending Sympathy Flowers
In the days or weeks following a loss of a loved one, sending sympathy flowers is a way of showing your support for the survivors. The flowers, as a sign of your thoughts and sympathies, will reassure the survivors during the difficult time. Flowers also have many therapeutic properties which can help elevate the spirits of the recipients. There are no “right” flowers to send after a death. However, traditional sympathy flowers include lilies, carnations, chrysanthemums, roses, and gladioli. Do not hesitate to choose flowers which are brightly colored if you believe these will lift the spirits the grievers.
Rosies and Posies Saratoga also offers a wide selection of sympathy gift baskets which include food items like fruit. These sympathy baskets not only show the survivors that you are thinking of them, but also serve the pragmatic purpose of helping to feed the family and any guests which come to express condolences.
Let Rosies and Posies Saratoga florist help you express yourself in this difficult time with flowers. We can create custom funeral arrangements and sympathy flowers which can be delivered to a local funeral home or residence.